We now live in a digital era where everything is available at our fingertips. Technology nowadays helps us very much to save our time and effort in their fantastic way. When it comes to the business world, technology simplifies the business industry to reach the customer's need in many ways such as communication, payment method, travel and etc.
For the hotel industry, one of the most important things that we should take care of is our guest's satisfaction. So, what kind of system that a hotel should have to exceed customers' expectations?
Hotel Reservation Systems
A hotel reservation system is a technology that allows guests to make an online booking and to create secure online reservations via the hotel website or any other distribution channels that hotels have.
It is also a platform where it keeps rooms inventory and rates as well as a customer database. Hoteliers should not worry about how to manage them since the system being hosted in the clouds, hence they can manage them remotely on any day.
Offline vs Online hotel reservation systems
- Offline – Manage the reservation offline and manually. Basically, you need to download or install the software, and once installed you are ready to go.
- Online – Unlike offline, online reservation system allows guests to make an online reservation via an official website and everything process by the system
How do the hotel reservation systems work?
This would be beneficial for guests to reserve rooms at their convenience as they can see the price rate for the selected dates and to check for the availability of the rooms.
There will be the back-end system where it can receive all the data send by guests and can be accessed by the hoteliers or the in-charge person that has the responsibility to manage the room bookings.
Main functions of hotel reservation systems & why is it important?
To ensure the hotel’s occupancy rate is in the good performance, the hotel reservation system is required, so that hotel won’t reply on the booking coming through walk-in customers or via phone call and email only.
As hotel serves not only the customers from the same country, to ensure that the hotel can sell rooms to capacity and appeal to global audiences, technology like a hotel reservation system should be implemented.
On top of that, there are more reasons why hotel needs reservation system.
- Reduce booking errors – as the rate and rooms availability can be easily updated through the system, it helps a lot in terms of hotel operations and reduces the risk of overbooking.
- Improve guest experience – like everything at our fingertips, guest can easily reserve their preferred rooms through the online platform and secure the booking with an online payment portal. What they need to do before check-in, just present the confirmation of the booking ticket at the front desk counter.
- Increase customer loyalty – as hotels have a customer database through the hotel reservation system, hotels should fully utilize this kind of opportunity to engage back with the guest for a customer loyalty program.
Online Reservation System vs Central Reservation System
Online Reservation System where the online booking takes place for the reservation. Hoteliers can manage easily with simple clicks and the guest could place the reservation with few simple clicks.
Central Reservation System same as the online reservation system, it is a computerized system that stores room availability, price rate, customer database, payment processing as well as hotels information in one place. For hotel chains, having one central place to book a reservation is making sense.
What Softinn offers you?
If you are looking for the best hotel reservation system, you may consider taking a look at Softinn Solutions offer and how it benefits your hotel.