When it comes to choosing the right Hotel PMS system for your hotel it can be overwhelming because there are so many options available in the market. If you are running a 4-star hotel or below, choosing the right Hotel PMS system that meets your hotel requirement and budget is important.
We have researched about 5 Hotel PMS that's commonly used by hoteliers to help you in making the right choice when selecting a hotel PMS system. Let's check out the information such as the features and functionalities of each hotel PMS provider below.
Cloudbeds is one of the popular hospitality software in the market and they won the Best Property Management System in Hotel Tech Awards in 2021. Their system is suitable for all types of hotels either medium or big. Their PMS system is cloud-based and with a user-friendly interface.
Key Features in Cloudbeds:
- Cloudbeds Drag and Drop Calendar: Hotels can easily view the reservation overview, check-in and check-out guests, and change the rates with just one click.
- Advanced channel management: Hotels can update room rates and availability across all OTA channels in one place.
- Revenue management (Pricing Intelligence Engine): With this feature, the hotel can compare the rates and adjust the rates by building rules based on a wide range of criteria.
- Powerful reporting and analytics module to help hotels make data-driven business decisions.
Pricing: The pricing is upon request. The price differs based on the number of hotel rooms, and also functionalities. It can be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. Cloudbeds provides a free trial version (by request) to their demo account.
Rating: Based on the Capterra website, the Cloudbeds rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
eZee Absolute is a comprehensive cloud-based hotel management software that gives complete control over your hotel property to automate most hotel operations. Their system is also fit for all types and sizes of accommodations including hotels, resorts, and vacation rentals.
Key Features of eZee:
- Charges, Deposits, and Invoicing: This feature allows a hotel to track the charges on each booking, collect a deposit, and accept payment in multiple currencies without any hassles.
- Revenue Management: Same as Cloudbeds, eZee has this feature that can help the hotel to optimize rates to maximize the hotel profits by having flexible rate rules and multiple rate support. In addition, the hotel could keep track of its ADR, RevPAR, and occupancy percentage from the PMS itself.
- Guest Self-service Portal: With this feature, your hotel guest has the flexibility to do the self-check-in and out, and even make a special request regarding their stay at your hotel.
- Hotel PMS Mobile App: This mobile app will be helpful to the hotel owners and managers to handle the hotel operations from their smartphones and the best part is this app is loaded with voice commands. You could download the Hotel PMS Mobile Apps in Playstore or App Store.
Pricing: The starting price is from USD 50 per month, and it differs based on the number of hotel rooms you have. The price can be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. Their PMS provides a free trial version for 14 days.
Rating: Based on the Capterra website, the eZee Absolute rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Hotelogix PMS is also a cloud-based hotel management system that offers solutions to help automate daily operations in order to maximize hotel revenue. They have won the User Recommended and Best Support in Software Suggest in 2020. Their system is suitable for small and mid-market hotels, resorts, and boutique hotels.
Key features of Hotelogix PMS:
- Real-time integration with OTAs and GDSs: This feature allows a hotel to update room inventory and rates in real-time for all channels.
- Single-point dashboard: With this feature, a hotel can control all operations and manage multiple tasks in one place. In addition, from the Hotelogix PMS system, hotels can send SMS confirmation to hotel guests.
- Mobile Hotel PMS App: Like eZee, Hotelogix also has a mobile app that provides the hotel owner, manager, and even hotel staff a comprehensive control over all front desk tasks from their smartphones directly. You could download the Hotel PMS Mobile Apps in Playstore or App Store.
Pricing: The starting price is from $65 per month with a 30-day billing cycle. Their PMS provides a free trial version for 15 days.
Rating: Based on the Capterra website, the Hotelogix rating is 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Protel PMS provides a cloud-based hotel management system and also on-premise PMS version. Protel PMS is a global hospitality platform designed to serve small individual hotels to large international hotel chains. Their PMS system's main focus is to help hotels to boost guest experience by providing more quality services to the guest.
Key features of Protel PMS:
- Digital Registration Card Feature: This feature allows guests to proceed with the self-check-in, hence the guest and hotel can keep a safe distance. It will also be helpful to reduce the queuing time in the hotel lobby.
- Billing and Invoicing Features and Functionalities: Hotels have access to group billing options, print invoices, and past invoice history, and streamline payments. In addition, it comes with quick check currency exchange rates and processes currency exchanges.
- Hotel Reporting & Analytics: This feature allows hotels to create custom reports and access multiple different analytics integrations. With this feature, the hotel will be able to generate multiple reports depending on the hotels' requirements and needs.
Pricing: Price is available upon request. It differs based on the features and functionalities. The price can be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. They do not provide a free trial version.
Rating: Based on the Capterra website, the Protel PMS rating is 3.2 out of 5 stars.
Softinn PMS provides a cloud-based system that is designed to simplify and automate all operations for multiple sizes of properties including small hotel chains, boutique hotels, Airbnb management as well as resorts and villas.
Key features of Softinn:
- Pre-Arrival Web Check-in: This feature will be useful when the hotel receives a group reservation or group tour. The guest's main contact or tour agency could perform the pre-arrival web check-in for the whole group prior to arrival in order to reduce the queuing time upon arriving at the hotel lobby.
- Essential Reports: The reports are made to assist users in making informed decisions and to identify areas of improvement. It provides the user its own landing page so that the user can access the reports easier. It also has the functionalities to restrict the access of the reports to certain users.
- Integrated with Hotel Kiosk: This feature is important especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. By having this feature, walk-in guests could make a reservation through the kiosk. In addition to it, guests who have made reservations prior to arrival could do the contactless check-in and check-out directly at the Hotel Kiosk. The reservation details and information will be sync with the PMS system on a real-time basis.
- Integrated with Channel Manager: This feature allows the hotel to sync and manage the rates and availability across multiple OTAs by having the PMS Embedded with Softinn Channel Manager or integrated with Siteminder Channel Manager. Hotels can choose either to use Softinn Channel Manager or Siteminder Channel Manager. The choice is yours.
Pricing: The starting price is USD 49 per month. To alleviate the hotel’s burden during the pandemic, they offer a flat fee for their products regardless of the number of hotel rooms. It can be billed monthly or yearly. Their PMS provides a free trial version for 14 days.
Rating: Based on the Capterra website, the Softinn PMS rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Based on the list given above, every Hotel PMS system has its own key features and functionalities. When choosing the right Hotel PMS system for your hotel, you will need to consider your requirements, needs, and budget to make a good choice. We found this article will be useful for you in deciding what features that you could consider for your Hotel PMS system and we hope you enjoy reading our sharing.
Among those 5 PMS that we have listed, which of them would be the one that suits your need? We would like to hear feedback from you.