VingCard is a hotel door lock system. We found that VingCard magnetic key cards and RFID key cards popular among hotels in Malaysia. If you are looking for supplier, we have compiled the list of VingCard suppliers in Malaysia here.
In general, hotel door lock system can be divided into three main components:
- Hotel Key Card that control the access
- Hotel Door Lock that secure the room and verify and grant the access
- Hotel Key Cards Management Software that issue, encode and control the access
The Hotel Key Cards
VingCard has two types of hotel key cards
- Magnetic key card
- RFID key card
Magnetic key cards are popular and widely used in the hotel that is built in the 90's. To-date, most of the hotels use RFID key card because it's more secure as it stores more information (encrypted data).
VingCard can be issue and encode at the hotel frontdesk, normally during check-in. During the check-in, the key card will be encoded to grant the access to your hotel room. Each access has a validity period (so the card access only valid during the guest stay). That means, even if your guest lost the card, anyone who has the card later won't be able to open the room after it has expired.
The Hotel Door Lock
VingCard Hotel Door Lock has 4 main categories
- VingCard Classic
- VingCard Signature
- VingCard Essence
- VingCard Allure
We've compiled a more details comparison of VingCard door locks here.
Basically, choose your door lock based on your budget and your door dimensions. Factor in also your security requirements (e.g. number of access log history required). In terms of design, you will be given few options to choose from, you may customize the handles, knob and coating. We suggest you to go with something durable and small in physical footprint as it's easier to maintain. Do consider the popularity of such categories in your area as popular products normally has better price points and has better technical support. Here's the list if you are looking for supplier and technical support.
The Hotel Key Cards Management Software
To manage the keys and the doors, a software named VingCard Vision can be used. It's a PC software that you will need to install. Unfortunately, there's no web version yet.
Basically, the core functionalities of the software are to:
- Manage door locks
- Manage key cards
- Control key card accesses and user groups
You must train your frontdesk on VingCard Vision, especially for the following
- Check-in and issue a key card to a guest
- Re-verify and re-encode a key card for a guest (in case, somehow, the key lost it's data)
- Make sure your frontdesk know how to manage the cards
For manager, make sure you know how to
- Control user access with the software. The software has functionality to make master key and override rules, password protect it so only the right person-in-charge get the access
- Control user group so cards with the right access is issued to the right user
- Learn how to train your frontdesk
For auditor, make sure you do
- Run regular audit on the room access and look for anomalies
- Run regular key resets and also user group audit with manager
VingCard User Manual
Hotel door lock system which used commonly in almost all hotels. VingCard magnetic key cards and RFID key cards are now getting more popular within Malaysia. The above blog are all the information about the Ving Card hotel door lock system that you need to know or if you are interested to know. Hope this information benefit you one or two!
With a mission to make hotelier work easier, Softinn Solutions Sdn. Bhd. is a hotel-technology provider company offering hotel management software. Ranging from cloud-based hotel PMS, hotel booking engine, and a specially customized hotel website; Softinn is adept in employing innovative ideas in its solutions constantly and understanding the requirements of hotel industry worldwide.