Ever since technology has changed the landscape of the hospitality and tourism industry, and we are now in the year 2021, many hotels have already adopted smart hotel solutions for their business. However, we believe that there are thousands of hotels outside there that missed out on this opportunity, haven’t yet adopted the technology, and maintain the manual work in the daily operation.
Despite the above mentioned, we know that every hotel's business end goals want to maximize their hotels' revenue. It can be achieved by reducing unnecessary costs, avoiding human errors, driving more bookings and selling maximum inventory.
In this article, we are going to talk about Property Management System (PMS) and Channel Manager, how both of them work and connect to your online distribution channels so that they can help you to increase more hotel revenue.
What is PMS?
A Property Management System (PMS) is one of the most important tools required to run a hotel business efficiently. It helps to facilitate and ease the administrative, operational and reservation tasks.
A lot of functions can be found on Hotel PMS. Some of them are:
- Track housekeeping and cleaning tasks
- Record payment and deliver e-invoice to the guest
- Manage and track sales and accounting report
- Automates reservation and manage room status
If you can really understand the function and why PMS is so important to manage hotels nowadays, we believe that you will not want to be left behind. No more feeling tired of managing guests' reservations manually and flipping through booking slips.
What is Channel Manager?
Channel Manager is a system that helps you to sync your hotel room allotment and price to all your OTA platforms. It saves you a lot of time, you don’t have to log in to each OTA dashboard in order to update room inventory and rate.
Why do you need to do all the manual work when you can have a system automate it? By investing to have a Channel Manager for your hotel, it will help you to:
- Automatically update room inventory and rate
- No more split inventory. Sell your maximum inventory and get more chances to increase revenue
- Eliminate the risk of overbooking
- Maintain rate parity issue
- Save time and reduce manpower costs
- Keep away the hassle of human errors
Hotel PMS and Channel Manager Integration. How does it work?
A Channel Manager is supposed to work together with PMS. It allows you to manage your daily hotel operations and room distribution across all the OTAs and direct booking from hotel websites.
Let’s see how it works by read through the process below:
- Guest make a new booking through one of your OTA channels
- Then, OTA update to Channel Manager
- Channel Manager will send the booking details to PMS
- The remaining number of rooms available will be automatically updated by Channel Manager across all OTA channels
If you are currently hunting for the right Channel Manager, here are the steps to consider when choosing a perfect Channel Manager for your hotel.
Remember, one of the keys to success in running a hotel business like a pro is by using a technology that will help to maximize a hotel's operational efficiency. If you run a hotel business without a proper system and plan, it can be troublesome and time-consuming. This will lead to a stressful environment for both staff and management.
Click start to begins the calculation. Enjoy 30 days FREE Trial account of Softinn PMS and Channel Manager by downloading your OTA Commission full report.