Hotel Booking Engines
A hotel booking engine is a system installed on a hotel website or other platforms like Facebook. Simply say, a booking engine should allow your rooms to be sold through:
- your own hotel website
- other platforms you own like Facebook, Blogpost, and etc
Throughout this article, you will get to know the main functions, the benefits of having own hotel booking engine, the guideline on how to do the comparison and what you should look into when you choose a booking engine for your hotel.
The purpose of having a hotel booking engine is to allow guest to make a reservation at their convenience and to secure the booking through online process.
No matter what size of your hotel business, if you want to maintain your business and remain competitive, your hotel mustn't be operating without a hotel booking engine!
The main functions of a Hotel Booking Engine are:
- To facilitate guest shopping experience
- To show the rates and available options based on the search criteria (arrival date, number of nights, and number of pax etc)
- To record booking and collect payment
- To notify both guest and hotel on bookings made online
The benefits of having a hotel booking engine:
- Quick and easy setup process
- Reduce manual work of hotel front desk and save time
- Better customer experience
- Reduce "no-show" customer behavior as the booking had been confirmed and secured with payment through online
- Hotels can play with attractive promotional offers like early-booker or last minute booking
More about Softinn Hotel Booking Engines
How to find a good hotel booking engine if you still don't have any?
Before selecting any hotel booking engine for your hotel, you must study the features first, for example what kind of features are they offering? Is it worth to spend money on that features?
Most of hotel booking engine providers out there offer trial account for hoteliers to try out their system before deciding to use. This is your opportunity to compare features offered by different providers and choose the best system for your hotel.
If there is no free trial is available, you may also request for the demonstration of the hotel booking engine from the provider.
Here we list you top 10 features that a good booking engine should have:
- Mobile friendly
- User friendly (Should require simple steps for guests to complete the booking process)
- Provide hotel website development service
- Secured payment gateway options. Traveler can choose to pay from the various type of payment gateway such online banking, credit card, debit card, e-wallet and more
- Easy and quick setup for room, calendar, price and necessary part
- Provides smart promotion code system
- Provide self service cancellation
- Ability to up-sell your hotel services (e.g. extra beds, early check-in, air port transfer, meeting room package and etc)
- Ability to connect and install in other social networking sites
- E-commerce tracking capability (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Facebook Ads Tracker). Track and measure user behavior and run re-marketing campaign and traceable ROI
Once you come to the decision part, make sure that the hotel booking engine that you have selected suit the requirements and comprehensive solution for your hotel business.
Read also List of Hotel Booking Engines